OceanDrivers has successfully accomplished EasyCurrents R+D+i campaign regarding real-time current measurements. Four EasyCurrents prototype buoys have undertaken several tests, regarding both functionality and precision, and have excelled in every aspect:
- Easy handling and simple operative and functionality have been verified.
- Buoy ranges have proved to be up to 100m.
- Current measurements have been used in order to locate other floating buoys (with a 2-hour time lapse).
- Results will be compared to those obtained by an existing current radar, aiming to be successfully matched.
- Software has been proved to be user-friendly and very easy to manage.
In all, the campaign has been very useful in order to progress with the project, which will hopefully be released very soon.